How to share a cloud based calendar with your reception team
We often make bookings for our customers using cloud based calendars and two of the most popular are Google and Microsoft.
Below are instructions on how you can share these with your reception team so we can book your appointments, or gauge your availability.
How to share your Google Calendar
- Log in to your Google Calendar.
- On the left, in the sidebar, find the "My calendars" section.
- Hover over the calendar you want to share, click the three dots to open the options for that Calendar and then click "Settings and Sharing".
- To share with individuals: Under "Share with specific people" click the "Add People" button and enter the email address: email@example.com
- To change wider sharing settings: Under "Access permissions" choose an option in the drop-down menu. Learn more about these options below.
- Click Send
See here for full details on creating new calendars and permissions for Google.
How to share your Microsoft Calendar
- Log in to your Microsoft Calendar.
- From the sidebar on the left, click "Calendar"
- Then at the top click "Share" > "Calendar"
- In the popup that opens type the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org in the To box. In Details, specify the level of details that you want to share, and then click Send.
If you receive a permission error, you have tried to share more details than is supported by the settings in your organisation. If this occurs, under Details, choose to share a different level of details. Only an admin in your organisation can change the sharing policy.
See here for full details on creating calendars and permissions for Microsoft.
Download our E-Guide
Discover the perfect way to increase sales from your inbound marketing