We all know that it takes more effort and is much harder to attract new customers than to maintain relationships with existing customers, with it costing an estimated 16 times more to bring new customers to your business. Once you gain a new customer, you need to keep them. If you don’t look after your existing customers there is always a competitor who will.
So how do you keep everyone happy?
It may sound obvious, but customer service is the key – you may have a fantastic product or service, but if the customer receives bad customer service they will not stay with you for long.
Below are some top priorities for customer service that are relatively easy to do but will keep your customers coming back to you time and time again:
- Deal with complaints and issues quickly. Problems invariably happen, and when they do you need to be ready to deal with them, and most importantly keep the customer in the loop.
- Become an industry expert and stand out from your competitors. You are not just providing a particular product or service; be someone that your customers can trust!
- Know your customers. Show an interest in what your customers do and ask lots of questions, you may find that there are other opportunities you didn’t even know existed.
- Keep in regular contact. Make sure that when your customer is ready to purchase that you are top of their list to contact. If you are not in contact regularly you leave yourself open to your competitors contacting.
- Offer loyalty schemes where possible – even something small makes your customers feel special.
You may also like
- Nuisance calls are costly, but blocking them is easy
- 10 tips to calm an irate caller
- Why paying monthly is advisable for telephone answering services
Learn more about our telephone answering service now