Always busy with work and feel you never switch off or get time to properly relax? You’re not alone! Whether you are running your own business or working for a company, it can be hard to switch off from work mode and make sure you have time for you and your family.
There are 6 tips below to help with reducing work stresses, help you become more organised at work, and let you enjoy your time away from the office, living a more balanced life.
1. Stop procrastinatingYou will undoubtedly have a long list of tasks to do but sitting worrying about them and putting them off to do other things will not get them completed. Tackle the most important or hardest tasks first and break these down into bite sized tasks. Once these are out of the way you will be able to concentrate on getting the other tasks done and will feel a sense of achievement.
2. Take time to prioritiseIt may seem you have so much to do you just need to get on and do things just to get them out of the way. However, if you take time to list down everything you need to do, prioritise the important jobs and get those done, you will find that it can save you a lot of time in the long run. You can also relax more each evening knowing that important tasks have been completed.
3. Learn to say NoThe saying goes, if you want something done, give it to a busy person – as it always seems to be the busy people who manage to get everything done and more! Don’t feel you have to say Yes to everything that gets asked of you as this will just stress you out further, especially if this is not bringing you any additional benefit. By saying ‘No’ occasionally you can focus on your outstanding tasks, get these completed and feel empowered that you have more control over what you are doing.
4. Eliminate distractionsIf there are tasks you need to get done but have been putting off, it is very easy to find distractions to avoid doing these. Make sure that any distractions such as your mobile phone, social media and emails are switched off or at least not accessible whilst you are completing the tasks you need to get done.
5. Set dedicated work hoursIf you are running your own business, set dedicated work hours for your business. By doing this you are more likely to stick to them. One way to ensure that you don’t get phone calls outside of normal business hours is to ensure your phone lines close out of hours. By utilising a service such as SwitchboardFREE you can set your open and close hours on your phone, adding in an answerphone facility for out of hours. Any missed calls or voicemails you receive are emailed to you in real time so you can action these whenever you are able to and ensure that you never miss an important opportunity.
Pocket Receptionist, a live call answering service, is one such service that helps hundreds of businesses throughout the UK to ensure that they never miss a business opportunity. A dedicated team of receptionists are ready to take your calls when you don’t want to or are unable to. With calls answered in your business name, and information from your callers taken and sent to you in real time to deal with when you get a spare few minutes, you can be safe in the knowledge that your business is in good hands whilst you take some well-deserved time off. If you wish to get cover in place from a professional company that ensure your business is their priority, then get in touch today – 0800 009 6555 or email email@example.com Learn more about our telephone answering service now ‹ Back
6. Share the workImagine if you had a team of trained receptionists answering your calls for you to free up your time and allow you to focus on what you do best. Using a call answering service like Pocket Receptionist will ensure that your calls are answered professionally and information regarding the call sent to you in real time to action when you are able to, allowing you to concentrate on your important tasks whilst knowing that your business is in safe hands.